Monday, October 31, 2005

Legalism

Growing up, there was no talk about doing "worldly" things as we called them. Yeah, I asked if we could go swimming or wear shorts but I never asked why we couldnt do some of the other things. Now, our culture has changed. We as Christians are becoming increasingly everyday more tolerant of things. I have had a discussion on another blog about clubbing, I have had an arguement about drinking and I have had a group discussion where there were people who said that they regularly are drinking, smoking and having pre-marital sex. So how do I feel about that? Ughh is how I feel. I am tired of trying to "convert" them to my way of thinking. Maybe I was brought up wrong and I am becoming like my father. I dont know...but one thing keeps coming up in my mind...are we, meaning the people who grew up with this kind of thinking, saying that someone is going to spend eternity in hell over something they drink or a way they move their body? I'm not prepared to say that...are you? I have heard that said though and I think that is why I am struggling with it as much as I am.

What do you think? Is someone who drinks going to hell because they drink? Smoking or clubbing?


Good Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are saved by faith in Jesus - not by works, good or bad.
Does not-drinking or not partying and sleeping around get you to heaven?
Not hardly - there's much more to it than that. It's all about the attitude of the heart.
Of course someone who lives doing much self-indulgant, self destructive behavior prob. doesn't get it at all about who Jesus is and who He wants to be to us.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Peggy B.