Monday, October 10, 2005

abortion

Sarah and I were talking a few weeks ago about abortion. This discussion started from our last youth group overnighter's discussion panel. The question was is it ever alright for a Christian to have an abortion? At first the answer is of course no. That is the knee jerk reaction. I agree with never having an abortion and going with adoption or other options. I realize that there are many couples that cannot have children and would give a great home to a child. Still, there is one circumstance that I would not even have to consider NOT having an abortion. That circumstance is if it was threatening Sarah's life. In my mind, there is not even a question as to what to do. I would choose Sarah. End of story. Period. Sarah however, said that she didn't know and said that she doesn't think we should play God. I dont see it like that. We wouldn't be playing God, I would just be choosing my wife, my soulmate, my best friend and that is it.

What do you think? What would you do? If you were in the situation would you have an abortion or would you let happen whatever happens?

Just wondering...

Good Day

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I of course am one of those people that believe abortion is wrong, period. So, here's food for thought.

Isn't it easier to let go of something or someone you don't really know as opposed to something or someone you know and have known?

The answer that no one ever wants to hear in situations like this is my answer on this subject. I suggest that you pray. Pray God's will be done, not yours. After all, isn't that how Jesus taught us to pray?

On a side note.... my word verification to post this was fhdod.. hehe... dod.

JellyVision said...

Yes, it is easier to let go of something (the unborn child)you dont know yet as opposed to your wife...what was your point? Is seems that it opposite of your first statement.


DOD is good

Anonymous said...

I believe that abortion is wrong but I would want to live, so I would really have to pray and seek God's will in a situation like this. Maybe it would be a test of our faith.....to not have an abortion and see if God would permit us to live and raise our child. I would probably choose life for myself. But that is a big PROBABLY! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

This would be a very difficult, heart-wrenching situation to be in. I don't think you know what you would do until you were there. It would certainly take a lot of prayer, asking God for wisdom and courage to do what you felt was right for you. Lana

Anonymous said...

"Isn't it easier to let go of something or someone you don't really know as opposed to something or someone you know and have known?"

That was just food for thought... no point really, just something to think about.

Anonymous said...

I think that in a way it is playing God like Sarah said. God knows that you love your wife more than anything. But, God always has the higher plan for our lives. If WE are choosing which life should be spared and which should be taken, instead of leaving it up to God, than I feel like we are playing into Gods role. If it is his will for that baby to live and not the wife, than he ultimatly has a higher plan for your lives. Maybe God formed that child specifically from the 2 of you, to make a child who will someday grow up to change many lives for Christ. With YOU taking charge and playing God, you are saying that you know what is best. God doesn't try to ruin our lives and take the ones we love away to get back at us and make us suffer. God loves us so much and I think that we should let him be the one in charge of our lives. He gives us life and we should give our full lives to him let HIM do his will for us.
Just my thoughts
-Gwen