Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Give it to God

This past Sunday I talked to the kids about spending time with God in quiet and listening to his voice. In Isaiah, we find Isaiah looking for God in the earthquake and wind and fire but when all of that passes, he finds that God comes in a still small voice. Thats what I wanted the teens to find...thats what I need to find. So most of yesterday I was straining to hear some mind blowing sentence from God and all that I felt he was saying to me in my spirit was, "give the young adults and youth group to me". Huh? What did you say? Give those two things that are, or so I thought, in his control anyway back to him? I guess I have been so caught up in "doing" something and preparing something that I whiffed on a thought that wasnt new to me. Letting God do the ministry through me. It isnt me doing the ministry through him, it is him doing his work through me. I am a vessel that he is trying to steer yet I keep trying to grab the wheel. So what if we fail just as long as God was in control. So what if we don't get something done our way as long as it gets done! We need to let God work in us to be able for him to work through us. Simple thought from a simple mind today.


Good Day.

No comments: