Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The church

I have grown up in, around, beside, near and literally lived in a church. Church has been and always will be a major part of my life. I have heard excuses about this and problems about that. This week, I am struggling a little bit with church. First, I hear it from someone that an older lady that works with the children in our church told some of the teens that "Andy isnt a good teacher because you have too much fun". Interesting and laughable...literally. Then, some of the childrens workers and unnamed other "elders" of the church told Pastor John that the service should not really go over 11:30 because they only have so much to teach and the other people have reunions and things cooking on the stove!!! Oh brother...do I even need to talk about this any longer!? That is just ignorant and such a reflection of our culture creeping into the church...enough said...

Good Day

No comments: