Friday, September 16, 2005

Day off of what?

Yesterday was my weekly day off...still it was no day off at all. I had to: finishing cleaning out my apartment so that I could get my deposit back (which I found out that even if you dont clean it you will get your deposit back in full UGH!!!) , take my old keys to the office, get a paint brush and tarp, cash my check, get a drill from Pastor John, paint my two bar stools, and play basketball...well the last one was a stretch but you get the idea. Anyways, this is what is on my mind today...I am wondering if most pastors feel like they are not doing enough. Because that is how I feel most of the time. I feel that I should be doing more...like things would be smoother and get done a lot faster if I just did more. This thinking comes after I was lying in bed mulling over my sermon for this sunday morning...letting God be your power source and not trying to be the vine and just be a branch of the vine!!! Boy, I need to start working on practing what I preach!!! ;)

I can smell IU basketball...

No comments: