Tuesday, August 30, 2005

the wonder of it all...

When I was younger, I remember having things in my life that I truly looked forward to. The excitement and build-up to the event was half of the fun. Then when the time came to go do that or get this it truly was awesome!!! I have a sneaking feeling that most of us have lost the wonder of life. We have things in our lives (i.e. vacations, days off, dates, friends getting married, etc etc) and they are fun to look forward to. It is human to look forward to things. Then, at least for me, when I get to the event it lets me down and I start looking for the next big thing...you ever feel this way?

As a Pastor this has become a real question for me. I love worship and I love a good sermon that challenges me and makes me think about something...anything. However, it seems that since becoming a full-time pastor, that I often times cannot "enjoy" a service or even an event. This happens because I am trying to make things run smoothly and without incident. I wonder if this is true for other pastors? I really havent asked them so...

Anyways...as I was getting ready to go to Kroger last night after I got back from taking Terry and Matt home (thanks guys for coming...it was amazing!) I opened the door and saw a beautiful sunset. It was as if God was telling me to enjoy the journey...smell the roses...kick up your feet...so maybe we all need to be reminded of that sometimes...


How great is our God

No comments: