Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Every knee

As I watched a documentary about 9/11 on the National Geographic Channel last night (I know, its sad) a reoccuring thought kept smacking me in the face. There were about 15 terrorists that committed suicide for allah. There were countless others on the planes that, by assumption were not Christians. Then, of the couple thousand people that were in the towers that day, how many didn't know Jesus? What about the firefighters that willingly gave up their lives, knowing that they were climbing to their death? There were pictures from the stairs as a firefighter was climbing the stairs as everyone else was going down. Now I know that the Bible says that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no one will enter into heaven but through him. But humor me for a second...does God have mercy on those who havent asked for forgiveness of their sins but saved countless lives that day? Doesnt the Bible say that there is no greater love to show that to lay your life down for another? I am sure that someone of the people asked for forgivness before they passed, but what about the ones that were busy trying to rescue people until the towers fell. So wondering what you thought...I guess this is the same question that I have heard about remote tribes and others that havent heard about Jesus. The Bible tells us that everyone will hear about Jesus before the end. But what about those who show the love that God showed us by sending his son without every asking for forgivness? Just wondering what you thought...

Good Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, unfortunately, the way I see it, and the way I've always been told is that we are born with the aspect of sin, and even if we never sin (humor me) we are still doomed to Hell if we don't specifically ask for forgiveness from God, than we are figurative toast. It was definitely a good way to get people thinking though. I have to leave my neighbors house so as to save myself from my hunger.

Anonymous said...

Good food for thought!! I've never looked at it that way. LJ