Friday, August 26, 2005

How great is our God!

Seriously, How great is he? I know that he is the almighty, the creator of everything, the beginning and the end. He simply is. He created me and everyone I have ever or will ever come into contact with. He made the earth and every little thing in it...(even bugs like chiggers!!!) He separated the water from the land and made the fish fill the ocean. He set up food chains and made gold and silver and told the ocean to only go this far. He made stars in the heavens, a sun to give us light in the day and a moon for the night. He makes covenant after covenant and promises to never leave US, never people!!! Still, after realizing all of this and more...humans, made in the very image of God, doubt him. We doubt him by worrying, by "doing things ourselves or they won't get done" and so on and so forth. We sometimes wonder where the money for this or the finances to get that done are going to come from. Questions I always had were, "will I ever get married" and last summer before I got my job at Shiloh, "will I ever be a pastor". It is in our make-up to question things but to worry is...dare I say it...sinning!?!? Do you think worry is sin? Well what is sin...sin is anything that separates us from God...does your worry do that? Does worrying about this thing take it out of God's hands? Probably...this one hurts because I am as guilty as the next. So to the first question...how great is our God? Well, simply, he is going to be as great as you allow him to be. What do you think...is worry a sin? Do you struggle with it?

Good Day

No comments: