Thursday, August 18, 2005

random thoughts

Earlier this week the headlines of the major papers in the country read something about Israel and them pulling out of the Gaza Strip. This sends me back to the days when I lived with my dad. You see, my dad is an old-fashioned, standards=holiness type of Christian. He is a great man of God in my eyes but we differed on my subjects such as: women cutting their hair, wearing shorts, women wearing jeans and the sort, wearing jewelry, wearing make-up (which surprisingly never was an issue for me) and the sort. He still believes these today. But that is neither here nor there. He is envoloped by the end times. I can remember sitting through a six or seven video lesson about the end times and how things were in place for the rapture and the anti-christ to appear now!!! I was fooled back then into worrying myself sick that I was not going to graduate High School, go to college, get married, have kids, or live my life!!! I was kind of upset at God because as those who believe in this "nightwatching". The are waiting for the Rapture and all that follows. Or is it that they are waiting for the Tribulation? Who knows? My point is that while they are looking for these signs and stuff we are forgetting the main point for Christians: to tell others about Christ and the forgiveness of sins!!! As I said in my sermon on Sunday, the point is not Christianity or Christs return (right now), it is telling others about Christ. So in that train of thought: Jesus loves you...this I know...for the Bible tells me so...everyone to him belongs...they are weak but he is strong....yes Jesus does really love you!!!

Good Day

No comments: