Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Worries vs Faith


I was reading something the other day and it said "worry is the opposite of faith". It got me thinking about the difference and where I stand. Do I worry about more things rather than having faith about things? The transparent answer is definitely. I'm working on trusting God more everyday with everything. However, its hard. When things keep building up and don't get addressed, when issues keep popping up without answers, when things continue to go in the opposite direction of where you want to go it is frustrating. I would say that I'm an 80% worrier. 8 out of 10 things I tend to be ,as a definition of worries states, in a state of "persistent mental uneasiness". Often we think the worst about something when in reality, it is smaller or easier or really not an issue. In Matthew 6:25-34 Jesus talks about this very thing. Still, we struggle with it.

So I guess it comes down to a choice. When we are faced with something in our life that causes us to pause we have to make a choice: worry about it or trust in God that He will do what He said He will do. Psalm 46:1 says that "God is our refuge and strength, a VERY present help in troubles".

Worry vs Faith: Which one will win today?


"It's impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him".
- Hebrews 11:6






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,
Very good blog!!! I have learned over the years that you just have to turn things over to God.....not that I don't still worry but it is less because I know that God will take care of "things" big or small. It's hard to do the "hands off" because we want instant gratification and things to be right - right now!!!! Things can and do concern us and that is where we need some quiet time with God and ask for His intervention in a situation or whatever. There comes a point when you have to say, "Okay God, this one is yours." "I can't fix it, only You can." It's like in my life right now, with Terry's MS, I can't fix anything that is wrong with him - I would if I could in a heartbeat. I could (and do sometimes) worry about everything he does, is he safe, etc., etc. But, I have come to realize that I can't be with him 24/7, I have to work. So, I need to let go of the worry and have faith that God will watch over him and give me strength to take care of him when the times are bad and face what I have to face. But, I will not face it alone.

God is so good to us, and He will take care of us.

Love you,

Aunt Lana

Anonymous said...

I like the photograghs you have been using - cool.

Barry