Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I've lost something


I guess being in ministry we are whipped into submission to be in the now. We try to get kids to come this week. We try and plan activities this week. Sometimes we plan ahead...plan for events, trips etc. You come into ministry thinking amazing things. Or I believe at least you should. Then, it all seems to get knocked out of you. You get criticized for this...a little knocked out. You get told that you aren't doing enough....more knocked out. You see the same people not respond to anything you feel that God is telling you...and even more gets knocked out. I want to dream big. I want to be a part of something that could only happen if God were a part of it. Something that no man could take credit for, only God. I want to dream big but more importantly, I just need to start dreaming again. I need to be more creative. Think outside of the "now" box. Think outside of my circumstances. I have become a now man...and I've let being more and dreaming for something like Paul was talking about in Eph. 3:20 slip my mind. That is what kind of follower of Christ I want to become. I want to affect change rather than be effected by the apathy of those around me. I believe that God can do anything that He wants whenever, wherever He wants. Still, those people must allow Him to do so. I have let people effect me rather than God.

May God help us to dream big. Dream things that touch God's heart. To want things that God wants. To be chasing after one thing: to know Christ and to bring others into that same knowledge. May you find that surrender is freedom in Christ. May we not be caged by the insecurities of generations past. Let us not hold onto or be tied down by their apparent love affair with the now and the comfortable. May God open our eyes to be able to dream things that only He could accomplish instead of planning things that we know we can.

Eph. 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

praying that you have the mind and heart to dream God's dreams...

Barry