Friday, September 26, 2008

Weekly reflections 9.22-28

Hey....here's an update


1. Sarah hasn't heard about the new position yet. Hopefully soon. However...

2. My Mom got a new job that is going to be great for her with all of the benefits and fewer responsibilities. It's time for her to start slowing down. Congrats momma!

3. My hand is pretty much 100%... it is nice having it back!

4. Shiloh has a multi-purpose building that is used 90% of the time for youth services called the Oasis. Well, we recently got the floor cleaned (the first time it has been professionally done since I've been here and that is four plus years). I have had 6 or 7 people come talk to me about that stupid floor and to make sure that we aren't sliding the furniture around on the floor because...

5. This Sunday is Shiloh's 140th Anniversary. There is a service in the Oasis following our carry-in. Should be a good day...

6. I have been getting out of the office/church and coming to the Library for the past few weeks and I am loving being able to come here and change the pace.

7. Our van driver resigned Wednesday night. He is in his 80's and has done a great job of showing people in our church what it means to serve. Thanks Don! However...

8. That means we need a van driver! We have not had people knocking down the doors to volunteer for anything...so please throw up a prayer that God will move and bring someone along to help with our Van ministry.

9. October is almost here...which means cooler weather and that makes me happy

10. I love watching other church services on-line! Some that I like to watch are NewSpring Church (Anderson, South Carolina) and Granger Community Church (Granger, Indiana). It really refreshes me...and makes me want to be more creative!

Have a great weekend

No comments: