Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday morning reflections...

Hey...I was supposed to have a meeting today but it got cancelled and good thing. We had our kickoff last night and then I had to take some of the kids home because we were running really late. So...

1. I took a vacation day today! I am doing as little as possible.

2. Last night the kick-off went well. There were some really good parts and other things that just make me want to spit nails.

3. I am sad today because one of my best friends is moving out of the district to take another job in Michigan. Ben and Amanda Capshaw are moving in October to Faith Church in Lansing, Michigan to be the Children's Pastor. I am happy for them because its a great opportunity, but insanely sad at the fact that we will not be seeing each other very frequently.

4. I got my smelly cast off! It was NASTY! Dead skin, sour smell...but boy am I glad.

5. We are trying to find somewhere to go on vacation to. My Uncle Harold is letting us buy a week off of him. What a relief it has been this week just to know that we are going to get this time away.

6. It is getting cold and you know what that means?! Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate!

7. Did you know that Ray Boltz came out of the closet?! Thanks to Stevansheets.com I read this and couldn't believe it! What a blow to many of the fans of this man.

8. The Colts won yesterday after being down 15-0...man I was getting mad. Then everything in the universe was all good.

9. I started playing my guitar again after the cast. I sang Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus yesterday for the special and then after church a younger lady comes up to me and tells me that I should put out a CD! LOL...that made me chuckle.

10. Finally, during a devotional time last week I came across Psalm 127. For some of you it might mean very little. But I thought it might help others...

Psalm 127
1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.

2 In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
for he grants sleep to those he loves.

3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.

5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please - Tell me it's not true about Ray Bolts!!
That is very disturbing.

Isn't Lansing as close, if not closer than Bryant, IN?

Glad you got your cast off.

Barry

Anonymous said...

It is true about Ray Boltz...

Lansing might be closer but it is the fact that he won't be at district stuff and the like. I dont think it is closer than 2 hours. It takes almost 3 hours from ft wayne.


Andy

Jewel said...

Benny!? How sad. I'm glad you'll still be around for those times that.. you know... I'm around. haha! Idk where I found your blog but I did and I linked you to mine!

PS: I have a class with Uriah.

And also, if you ever come to visit him.. I live like just across the yard!