Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Back in the saddle...

Attitude is major in anything. I have heard the cliché that “your attitude determines your altitude” and many others. There have been thousands of books about it but yet I still don’t think that we get it. Sunday morning was the first time that I had led the congregational singing since I was covered with complaints and suggestions about what “not” to do from now on. I had decided to not lead worship for a while. I just didn’t have a heart for it; it had been ripped out and thrown on the ground. So Sunday I proceeded to pick it up. What an amazing time of worship it was. It felt as though God had soothed over every sour and bitter morsel from the incident and turned them into an acceptable offering that I was able to give back to him. As we sang, I wasn’t thinking about someone not liking it, or complaining about it…I was only giving praise to the one who deserved it. I had energy and passion and strength and boldness and felt like a completely new person. Why? God had taken everything that had woven and knitted and sewed into what I thought my worship experience should be and changed it. He changed my worship attitude. It is all for Him. The songs, the music, the gathering, the people, the prayers, the offering and the sermon.


Here am I…all of me…take my life…its all for thee!


Good Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great the way the Lord can take bad situations and make them come out for His good? I'm glad you let God take control of the service and lead you. Never lose that sensitivity to the Spirit. That is what makes the service what He wants it to be. Continue doing the things you are doing and keep a tender heart to God. Always remember.....no matter what others say or think, King Jesus is ON YOUR SIDE!! Love ya, Momma