Monday, November 07, 2005

Something to pray about...

It is finally here...the week of the wedding! Wow, I thought that it would never come...but it has and come and it will be over just as quick...as I was driving home from youth group last night I started praying hard...why hard you ask? Because it hit me that I was going to be a husband and married the next time I seen most of the teens. I want to be an example to them of how a husband should treat his wife. More importantly, I want to be a great husband for Sarah. I want to be there for her at every turn...to hold her up when she is down...to hold her when she is sad...I want to love her like Christ loved the church... with an all-out love that never waivers...never moves, and never ever fails. So today...right now...just say a prayer for me that I can be the husband that God has called me to be...because we all know that Sarah deserves that and much more...thanks...and I am serious about praying for me...I want to be a great husband and the husband that God wants not only a Christian to be but also a Pastor...5 days...5 days


Good Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy - After reading your message today about wanting to be a good husband....I thought back to about 24 years ago. It has been a joy to watch you grow up into the fine, Christian man you are today. As you began to notice girls, more around the age of 16 I suppose, we have prayed that the Lord would send the right girl for you. AND HE HAS!! You will be a great husband. Just remember to treat Sarah with respect and unconditional love......and be strong for her in the times when she needs it most......and she will be strong for you when you need it most. When you marry, the Bible says that the two shall become one and that is true! You cry together, you laugh together, and you can disagree (agreeably). As the Bible also instructs us, don't let the sun set on your anger. Make sure you tell each other that you love each other (DAILY)......Keep the communication lines open about your feelings and about situations that arise in your lives.

We will be praying for you daily. I have a picture of you and Sarah in my office and have one at work. Uncle Terry and I will pray that God will bless your lives daily. Marriage is an adventure....enjoy the trip!

The engagement picture is neat. I copied one for myself and one for Grandma and Grandpa C.

Love you both bunches...

Aunt Lana