Monday, February 27, 2006

Thankful

As I have been reading my bible, (yes I am still up to date with my reading!) I am just now getting out of the book of Leviticus and boy am I thankful. I am thankful for many things after reading through this:

Things I have become thankful for:

1. That Jesus was crucified one time for sins committed.

2. That Jesus' death is still enough to pay for the sins of the world

3. That we are under a new covenant and that we dont have to offer a sacrifice every time we mess up (that could get expensive)

4. That God is merciful and gracious to those who love him and are seeking after him

5. That God cared enough about us to help us get closer to Him

6. That I am a friend of God

7. That God forgives AND forgets

In a culture that teaches us to remember what other did to us so you can get them back, Christ lived a life that was in stark constrast. Not only does God cancel our debt to him, he cannot even remember the times we messed up.

SMYG.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi:

Tremendous insight on your part!! I, too, am so thankful for the Lord we serve, and what he did for us, and what He keeps on doing.

Keep up your Bible reading.......

Love,

Lana