Monday, February 06, 2006

Holding onto a life raft

You know how it works...sometimes, life is just easy. Things are going good and happening very easily. People are doing the things that they should be doing and saying the perfect things at the best times. We have all been there...the top of the mountain, right? Then, on the other side of the coin is the down times. Times when you can never seem to get things done the way you want them, people are making just out right dumb choices in their lives. People during these times, seem to complain and gripe more. I have felt during my most recent "valley" experience, that even if I try my hardest...things and people are never how we really want them to be. So maybe I should try in the next one to just chill out and realize that God loves me no matter what and that I am in a low spot and that is why I am holding onto a life raft. I say this because every time I hit a valley I automatically start to wonder if I am capable of this job or of this or that thing in my life. I start to wonder if I am where God wants me...then after a while, the panic of the "water" in my valley starts to drain away and things are normal again. I guess you could call them pastoral panic attacks!

It's good to know that my actions and past have no affect on whether or not God loves me! He is so patient and faithful that it blows my mind...

Show me your glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

You sound like I feel sometimes!!! But, at a gospel sing one time, one of the MCs for one of the groups was talking about this same thing. His statement was, "Even when you feel like you've hit rock bottom, you're still standing on the Rock!" So, when things aren't going like I would like them to, I try to remember who my Rock is.

Hope you and Sarah are well.

Talk to you later.

Love,

Aunt Lana