Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Doing it to the least of these...

In my bible reading for today, it was the passage where Jesus was talking about doing things to the least desirable people that our society creates. Boy, oh boy! How bad am I at that? I think I am a pretty compassionate person but that really makes me wonder how compassionate I really am to everyone. I have times where people are just being punks and I want to take them by the back their necks and stick their head in water like you see in the movies!

That is not my biggest issue here...the monster problem here is how we judge these people. Is it not true that how the church judges people is how our society sees people? The churches gauge of those that walks in comes for what TV and the media tells us is beautiful and are good people. Just take a look when you are in the store the next time at the covers of magazines...they are all full of airbrushed women and men that SEEM perfect but in all reality, it took a lot of computer work to make them look like that...thousands thousands of dollars were spent to make those people look like they do.

We must tell people that it is ok to be who they are and as Christians, we must accept them for who and what they look like.

Show me your glory.

No comments: