Monday, January 30, 2006

Good Morning...

I hope your weekend was great and you got a lot of you time. We had a great time at the Renewal weekend.

At the weekend, the speaker said something that really got me thinking. He said that as Pastors, we need to do our best to make sure that our kids don't grow up as Pastors Kids. We all know the type...getting all of the attention at church, always as the example for the other teens yada yada yada...he was not worried about what the church thought about his kids or what they thought they should be like. I think that most churches dont have a true grasp on what they do to PK's...they really put a lot of pressure on kids...I know...I was there. I pray that when I have kids that I will have the same courage that this family did and let my kids be kids and tell them not to do things because mom and dad says they are wrong rather than the church thinks the pastors family shouldnt be doing something.

What do you think are some ways to be a pastor and not raise a PK?



Show me your glory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing and being able to read your kids is a good thing. A lot of pastors and pastors' wives assume their children are always good... which is usually not true because a lot of times the PK's want to prove that they're not an extention of their parents and if that means doing bad things.. a lot of times that's what happens. Don't assume your kids are doing fine. Ask.

Anonymous said...

As you raise your children, you should instill in them the difference of right and wrong. When it comes to spiritual things, they are NO different than any one elses kids.......they can make mistakes and do things they shouldn't and they have to learn what God expects of them. I remember one particular incident that I let you choose what you felt you should do........my opinion set aside. You came from that experience with the knowledge of what was right for you. Not because of what I thought but what you felt from God. Pastor's kids are kid's....just like everyone else!! You and Sarah will be great parents, when the time is right.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

In reply to your blog, as a Pastor's Kid myself. Live the life of Christ in front of them, love them, hug them and be with them.

I amen your mums comments. I can tell she is a great woman of God.

Just one other comment to make, be yourselves also. Don't try and copy anyone else, hear from God and go with it and keep on praying for them before and after they are born. You'll be fine.

How do I know, I have a mother like yours. Yes all children take various journeys and as my mum says, once a mother always a mother. If they hurt you'll hurt, if they enjoy life, you enjoy life with laughter. Just stick with God and you'll be fine.

God bless

Francine Millar