Wednesday, January 25, 2006

!$@# #%&^

I have found it interesting, ever since I went to college right up to this day, that even those that claim to be Christians use curse words. Growing up, I was RARELY around anyone who was a Christian and heard them use those words. Then in college, I had teachers use them in class...I heard leaders on campus use them and the list goes on and on. There was even a "person" in my church who is the town crier about the passage in Ephesians on unwholesome talk that cursed in the course of our conversation over a meal a couple of times. So taking away what the Bible has to say, I think that there is a deeper issue here than using a few words here or there. I think as Americans, we are under the impression that we can say what we want to and we dont care who hears us or what it means to others. Using words like that almost make me think that people just do not have enough control over themselves to not say things like that. It usually happens when they are upset...usually. So is using "cuss" words wrong? I mean, even when I went to a southern state to try out for a job there, the pastor used the other word for poop and thought nothing of it really. So am I just one of those old men who sit around on the porch mumbling under my breath about this? Maybe...but maybe...we could all use a little more self-control.

Show me your glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you one of those old men, I hate to think what that makes me!! I agree, people should not use fowl language.....show a little respect. We even teach the small children at the day care to watch what words they say. I agree with ya.....Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

If only there were more old men like you and I Andy... if only..