Friday, August 08, 2008

Update from Jellyland 8.8.08

hey all...

here are some updates:

  • I fell and broke my hand at family camp! I'm in a cast and typing has become a hunt and peck event.
  • Sarah found out (finally!) that there is something wrong with her...thyroid.
  • I picked corn yesterday for the first time ever!
  • I have some peppers growing for the first time ever!
  • I have been reading a book called "The Shack" and it has deeply affected my view of God and how he views me and loves me. It is amazing. If you've ever struggled with doubts or felt like God was distant, read this book. It's by William P. Young. Amazing!!!
  • The Olympics start tonight. I'm really excited.
  • I'm excited to spend some time with friends next weekend at Pulse Fest. It's a free concert with Toby Mac, Casting Crowns, Skillet and Mandisa.
  • I'm also excited about being able to preach at my dad's church next sunday morning. It feels like one of them full circle kind of things.
  • I found out that corn on the cob cooked in its husk is amazing on th grill!
Know today that God is especially fond of you and loves you deeply!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,
Sorry to hear about your hand. Just be careful and do what the doc says.....hope you are not in too much pain.

Did you ride a corn picker or pick by hand???? Wish I were there to help you eat the peppers when they get ready - we may try to come up for a Sunday in the next few weeks, if that is alright. Let us know Sarah's schedule, ok?

Take care of yourself. Tell Sarah we said hello.

Love to you both,

Aunt Lana