Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Green grass


I have this bad habit. I only do it so often but when I do, it drags me down for a few hours. No one else is usually around so I have to deal with it by myself. What is it you say? It is BLOG READING!!!

You see, other peoples lives seem so much cooler, more fulfilling, more _________ you fill in the blank and I have probably passed that blogmotion once or twice.

Thats life sometimes. There are times when things are great and good things are happening to you. The thing is, most of the time we miss those things. I start wishing or looking down the road and fail to live fully in the now. When I was younger I wanted to go to college, I did. But when I was there I just wanted to get a job and on and on it goes. I think the grass will always seem a little bit greener somewhere else for a few reasons:

1. We haven't got there yet to walk on it and make it brown!

2. Often times we never look at the "grass" that we're on to see how green it is. We are always looking off into the fields next to ours to even notice where we are.

3. Your eyes see things differently than any other person in the world. Maybe you see green differently than the guy next to you. Just as long as we have God's Spirit helping us to view things through His eyes and stay in Him, He will "make us lie down in GREEN pastures!"

4. Finally, sometimes the grass just is greener. Plain and simple. Maybe it's time to go graze in a new patch. But leaving just to leave is like a Raccoon. We went and picked corn last week and the 'Coons got into the corn. The thing is that they would only take a bite or two from each ear and then move on. Seriously though, leaving just to go somewhere new or just to leave is rarely the answer.

May you come to appreciate the grass you are in right now. May God lead you to get some nice grass stains wherever it is that you are! He is very fond of you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy!

I can relate to your thoughts - looking at others and seeing the good parts of others' lives, the greener grass. I just want you to know that I have enjoyed getting to know you and Sarah on vacation in MB and then again a few weeks ago. You both have great hearts, level heads, and a passion for others that I think would make Jesus very happy. Take care and may God bless!

-Dan

JellyVision said...

Dan,

We really enjoyed spending time with you on vacation as well. It is always nice to make new friends and that is exactly what we've done.