Monday, December 04, 2006

December newsletter article

December newsletter article
The wonder of it all


Most kids want to grow up. They want their freedom to do whatever it is that they want to do and whenever they want to do it. They can't wait to be able to date and drive and the list goes on and on. It is as if they wish away their lives. Being an adult does bring some things that are very nice to have however, during Christmas time, I have found myself wishing more and more that I was that pre-teen kid all over again.
You see, I can barely remember the feeling I had waking up those Christmas's when I was young. Going to bed the night before and hardly being able to sleep with anticipation. The weeks leading up to that brought tree decorating and light hangings. I caught myself remembering even last night the trips that we would take to neighboring towns to see their Christmas lights. As I got older and life happened, those things slowly had less and less excitement and awe to them. Why has that happened? It is because of the responsibilities of growing up? Or is it because we are moving way too fast to even notice those little things that used to make our stomach's tingle in anticipation? As for me, I am going to try and take this Christmas a little bit slower this year because I want that tingle back in my stomach. I want that feeling of snuggling up under a blanket and feeling that everything in the world is content for at least that moment. I want to slow down and remember the wonder of it all. Jesus has come and that is enough to make anyone's Christmas bright!


Christ has come,
Pastor Andy

No comments: