Monday, November 20, 2006

2006

This year has just flown by. I cannot believe that this Friday is Thanksgiving! It is incredible how fast time goes as you move on in life. Growing up....specifically in school...time seemed to crawl like a snail. Now, there is never enough time. Or is it that there is still enough time but we have found ways to fill up the "down time" of the past?

I know that I am busy most every day with something...either personal, church related or the everyday interruptions of life. So...just in case life becomes too busy between now and Thursday...here's my Top 10 list of things that I am most thankful for:

10. My church. I was telling Sarah the other day that Shiloh just feels like home. It feels that I have not missed a beat being at Shiloh. Sure, every church has it's problems...but the people at Shiloh are incredible!

9. My youth group. Around my junior year at IWU, I felt like God was leading me into youth ministry. I didn't take a ton of classes on ym but I knew that was were God wanted me. It wasn't a "stepping stone" to get to, what most people consider a real pastor job, it was and is my place in ministry. The youth group here has challenged me and changed me nearly as much as I have done for them. What an ecclectic group of kids! I will never forget them as long as I live.

8. The youth sponsors. When I came here I didnt know what to expect. I was quickly surprised to find that there were people in place that made my life a lot easier. Janet with her skill in graphic design is any youth pastor's dream and Dave, with his ability to relate to pretty much any teen are both gifts from God. Dave has been the person that I go to when I need to blow off some steam. I couldn't do this without their help.

7. Indiana basketball. Everyone needs an out. Something that just gets you away from everything and something that you really enjoy. For me, this is it. I love it and it loves me! I love sports in general and am thankful that God gave someone somewhere the knowledge to invent such sports.


6. The future. I am thankful that I know what my future holds. I know that if Christ doesn't return in the next few years that I will be a father. I know that if he does, I will be in Heaven. So I am very thankful about both futures...either way it is a win win situation!


5. My health. I know...I know...if you ask Sarah she will tell you that I am not that healthy. I weigh too much and ...either way...I am thankful that God has given me health up to this point and I have faith in him that he will continue to watch over me and help me to make better choices in the future.



4. My mom. We hold a special bond because of what we have been through together. We have been the ringer and back through a couple times! I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything and what we went through defines us and is still defining who we are today. I love you mom.



3. My family all of them...the Christian side...the Jellison side...the Ellenberger side and the Thrasher side. I have been absolutely blessed to have an amazing group of family members that have stood by me through every thing and continue to do so.


2.My faith. Being a christian at times is smooth...at times it is hard and at times it is even harder. Still, I am so thankful that God sent Jesus to die on the cross so that there would be no condemnation for the mistakes I've made!


1. My wife. She will never know just how much she means to me. She makes me laugh, snarl and above all...content in the fact that I married the most amazing woman on planet earth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother...

I mean son...

I mean Swinl...

whatever - amen!

Peggiford