Monday, April 03, 2006

Am I thankful...

I am thankful that it is Monday and that last week is over!!! Actually, its been a couple of rough weeks. As I wrote the last time, it seemed like people were "jumping ship" and leaving and the sort. It has been a couple of character building weeks as Zig Zigler likes to call them. Last week I was an assistant pastor/ youth pastor/ van driver/ secretary. So am I glad that it is a monday? You bet! Last night we had a good chili cook off...we made about $300 dollars...I had some family at the event...and we had 89 people there! Those are the good things. It was a rough night for Sarah because it was her first night acting as the "I am the wife of the youth pastor so that means you can gripe at me if you want" position. I am used to getting critized and I feel that I deal with it pretty well. I vent and then move on. However, mess with my wife and it isn't that easy to deal with. I can handle someone coming up and griping that we are selling on Sunday and how could I preach from the pulpit and yet sell on Sunday! You can tell me anything, complain about whatever, but if you make my wife cry...it makes me want to protect her. Still, it is over...lesson learned...lump taken...stress felt...and the only thing that comes into my mind? NEXT!

SMYG.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

It was nice spending time with you and Sarah. You did a wonderful job Sunday a.m. and you both did an awesome job Sunday evening......you both worked so hard to make the evening a success.

We were glad we could be there and spend some time with you.

Take good care of yourselves.

Love,

Lana

Anonymous said...

Your truck is totally awesome!!! Congratulations and remember you can do all the things we talked about. I "trust" you!! I so enjoyed being with you and Sarah on Sunday and you both did a fantastic job. Continue not letting people mess with your wife! That's the way a good husband should be. Love ya both, Momma