Tuesday, January 27, 2009

update January 27.09


Hey here's what happening in Jellyville:


10. I am finding it fascinating to see all these people, who I wouldn't otherwise stay in contact with, show up on Facebook. People that you wouldn't think you should or could ever see on there...and poof...there they are...asking to be your friend. My biggest pet peeve is being friends with someone I have no earthly intentions of ever talking to but would feel bad if I said no. So I usually just add them as friends and then delete them later! I know...I'm mean.

9. Sarah is doing rather well. She hasn't gotten sick as of yet (fingers crossed). She has felt bad and has stuck out her tongue a million times when I bring up food options. Her nose has turned into the SUPER SNIFFER...for real. She won't go near a Subway!

8. I am loving me some online preaching! I have talked about Perry Noble before but now I am really getting into Steven Furtick from Elevation church as well. Listening to them makes me want to go deeper and be a better communicator to those listening to me. Peggy, Sarah's Mom, has been to Elevation church and said she loved the preaching and didn't love the music (too loud for her post-39 year old ears! lol).

7. The whole baby thing isn't really real yet. It is some abstract thought that is just out there and not actually tangible in ways that I probably cannot even imagine will be felt in 7 short months!

6. We got our oven fixed after nearly 3 months without having one. I made Sarah some wicked good PB and Chocolate Oatmeal cookies. dude....

5. Here is what I am getting ready to begin reading...ie...books I just ordered:
So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore by Jake Colsen
Mad Church Disease: Overcoming the Burnout Epidemic by Anne Jackson
Tribes: We Need You To Lead Us by Seth Godin
Churched: One Kid's Journey Toward God Despite A Holy Mess by Matthew Paul Turner

4. Indiana Basketball is not doing well. They have lost 8 in a row and I have watched every minute of every game. I WILL NEVER become a band wagon fan. This season is separating those out for us. And yes, I did say US...

3. I have recently hooked my record player back up and love the nostalgia of listening to old music and hearing that popping and cracking...nothing quite like it is there?

2. We are in the planning stages of our 4th annual vacation trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! Hurray!!!! Sarah will be 7 months pregnant though so it could be a long trip down having to stop every hour or so... :)

1. I am on a wicked streak in the world of Scrabble. I haven't lost a game, online or in person, since Christmas! I am unbeaten in 2009! I played two words yesterday against Sarah that got me 90 points combined! I know you don't care...but hey you are still reading this post...


later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy -
Thanks for saying
I'm "post 39-years" instead of using the F-word...
Peggiford