Friday, October 12, 2007

What Andy is "into" right now

Hey there...I love that it has turned cold and that means that a lot of things are making me all warm and happy. I thought i'd list them for you. Welcome to Jellyville:


1. My favorite songs: The Pretender (Foo Fighters), Almost Lover (A Fine Frenzy), Love Reign Over Me (Pearl Jam), These Days (Jackson Browne), 1234 (Feist), Breathe In/Breathe Out (Mat Kearney), Refine Me (Jennifer Knapp)

2. Movies: Reign Over Me. (I love watching movies that make you feel something. This movie makes me appreciate life and brings a lot of different emotions at the same time. It is up there.)

3. Learning the guitar: I started August 27th. You see, a friend started learning how to play and I thought to myself, "if he can do it, so can I". So I have been teaching myself and practicing every day. There is something so worshipful about playing and singing at the same time. You just FEEL more.

4. Thoughts of children: I cannot wait to start a family. Nothing in the near future, but I really am longing to have a kid of my own. Not just that, but I want to have a kid with Sarah. I cannot wait to be a parent with her.

5. Hot Chocolate: I love swiss miss! MMMM!

6. Trying to let things around me teach me about who God is: Jason Tash spoke at Family Camp Teen Track and said that when one of his children were born, he asked God to show himself through the child. I am trying to see God in the little and big. The frustrating and the elating.

7. Sweatshirts: I love wearing a hooded sweatshirt. Hands down my favorite piece of clothing.

8. IU basketball season starts tonight with Hoosier Hysteria. If you know me, you know that I love IU basketball. Period.

9. My wife: I feel our marriage has really grown since our vacation to South Carolina in May.

10. My hair: I havent cut it since the thursday right before our vacation in May. It is the longest it has ever been and it sprouts wings when a hat is placed over it. I'm enjoying the scraggly look.

I hope you are doing well. That there are things in your life right now that give that cuddled-under-the-blanket- with-a-warm-cup-of-hot-chocolate- feeling. If not, find some.

No comments: