Tuesday, December 06, 2005

6 degrees, Christmas lights and heaven or hell

Man, I love the cold and everything that it brings...but this is cold. It is like in the single digits! I have a couple of things on my mind this morning...I woke up at about 6 and one of those crazy morning shows was on and they had a fire marshall on there talking about decorating safely this year...he said that you should check your lights and make sure that you use indoor/outdoor lights outside and not indoor lights outside...so here's my question...why would they put indoor/outdoor lights and not just multi-purpose lights on the box? Is there something other than indoor/outdoor use that I am not aware of? Just wondering...


Keith Drury in his column today asked a great question for us "Evangelical Holiness" people...Did Mother Theresa go to heaven or hell? It has made me thing about how I view salvation and how we view it as a church and denomination and how I was taught when I was young. Growing up this wouldnt have even been a question that came up. She was Roman Catholic and we didn't really believe that they went to heaven. So fancy me a few lines today about this. We are saved by Christ's life, death and resurrection. We have been given salvation by grace through faith...it is a gift. Jesus said that the only way to heaven and to the father is through Him. We believe in a thing called prevenient grace which is the grace that God extends to all so that we might come into contact with him and turn to him. So...did Mother Theresa go to heaven or hell...I will tell you tomorrow after some of you post something...
http://www.drurywriting.com/keith/mother.teresa.hell.htm

Good Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that a person of who truly comes to a knowledge of Christ and accepts Him as their personal Savior and lives a good sinless life will go to heaven. There is a VERY good chance that Mother Teresa is in heaven. I know where you are coming from in how we have been taught in the past, but we need now to look at the whole picture and not be so bias in your opinion. So, I believe that she went to heaven. Love, Momma

Anonymous said...

I believe, like your Momma, that Mother Teresa, was truly a person of God and constantly thought of others and always was doing good for others, not herself. I, too, believe that she is in Heaven, sitting down and talking with Jesus and resting!!

Love,

Lana

Keith Drury said...

Good to see you working thru the doctrine by testing it with real situations... always fun to read your site.