Friday, November 13, 2009

Jellyland update 11.13.09

Hey all...things have been busy the last few weeks.  They are about to get much busier too.  I hope this update on our family finds you and your family doing well and counting your blessings!


10.  IU's season starts tonight at 8pm against Howard University.  How excited am I about the start of this season?  Well, after last years 6-26 season, let's just say I am geeked. I am really excited to see what the 7 new players will bring (6 Freshman, 1 Transfer)   I have my IU gear on, Kate will be wearing her IU gear today and we'll be watching our first IU game together tonight after...

9.  Kate is going to her favorite dairy farm tonight for a while so Mommy and Daddy can go have a date night and celebrate their 4th anniversary!  Seriously, it has been an amazing 4 years and so much has changed and we've both grown in love and understanding.  I am so thankful that God has brought us together and that I get to spend my days and nights with such an amazing friend and wife. 


8.  We had a cavalcade of visitors last week/weekend.  My mom came up Thursday night and stayed through Friday afternoon.  It was good to see her and have her around for a bit.  Then on Saturday, Steve and Marilyn (Sarah's Dad and Step-Mom) came up in the early afternoon and we went out to eat with them and they got to see Kate.  Then on Sunday, my Aunt Lana, Uncle Terry and Grandma Martha came to church to hear me preach and we had lunch together.  It was the first time that my Grandma had heard me preach in person.  It was a great week and it was so nice to see family.

7.  Man, what is it in formula that makes it SO expensive?  Seriously, they have a monopoly on the stuff.  Whatchagonnado though because you have to buy it if you have to buy it.  It is crazy making a bottle because I am trying to be so careful and not spill any of the powder (which is hard to do because it is like a clingy powder) some of which inevitably falls out on the counter.  Oh well.  Diapers are crazy too.  Riddle me this...for the new born diapers that we have there is this yellow line that lets you know if it is wet or dirty...then after the newborn stage that line disappears.  Why?  Wouldn't it be much easier to tell with a universal yellow line rather than pulling the diaper back and hoping you come away with a clean finger?  I mean COME ON!  :)

6.  How 'bout them Colts.  17 regular season games in a row.  Wow.  I have a bad feeling about this weekend's game against the New England Patriots.   Just don't feel too confident with all the injuries.  Oh well...it's only one game either way.  My pick: Indy 27 New England 17

5.  Reality Check:  Survivor...I love Russell!  At first he was kinda mean and all that, but seriously, finding two hidden immunity idols without any clues?  He is becoming one of my favorites of all time...top 5 at least...no one touches Rupert though!  Amazing Race: I am rooting for the Globetrotters.  It feels like most of the teams are teaming up against them.  I like them and I like the Father/Son team (Gary and ____)...see how much I like them?  Biggest Loser: I am rooting for (in order) Rudy, Allen, and Danny. I keep wondering why Rudy wears a towel around his neck, under his shirt at everything physical.  Is it to sweat more?  IDK...anyways...Rudy...Rudy...Rudy!    who do you root for?


4.  God is always faithful isn't He?  I mean c'mon, when has there been a time when we were going through something that God wasn't right there using His Spirit to tell us, "Trust me.  I got it covered."  We thought we were going to have to pay nearly $3000 for all the baby bills when it was all said and done.  It turned out to be about a 1/4 of that.  God is good even when we don't see it.  Our lack of sight doesn't diminish anything about Him.  

3.  Sarah is heading back to work this Monday.  YIKES!  She is ready and not ready at the same time. There will be a lot of emotions and changes that she will go through and it will be tough at first.  However, she is a great mom and she will do great at the transition.  Please pray for me too...as I will be taking care of Kate on the days she works.  :) 

2.  On a really sad note:  We are getting rid of our two dogs, Lex and Flash.   We had thought about it and decided to wait and see how they adjusted and they  are doing ok.  However, we just feel like we don't have the time to spend with them as we should or did before.  We are also unsure of how Lex would have done with Kate once she starts crawling and grabbing at things.  So, we are reluctantly giving them up to a family member that was looking for a dog and is getting two!  We know he will take great care of them and that they will be loved. 

1.  Kate is doing really well.  At last weigh in she was 9lbs 2 oz.  She is gaining what she needs to.  A funny note.  The Dr. has this scale and if Kate keeps growing like she is, she will only be 5ft 2-3in!  LOL...she'll grow...or be a circus clown!  I have begun stretching her...not really.  She is smiling and talking more and more.  She loves taking naps with Mommy and Daddy.  She still has red hair and blue eyes.  Go figure. 


Thanks for reading.  May you know that you have been blessed.  You can read, breathe and use your fingers...you just proved it! :)

No comments: