Friday, August 07, 2009

Jellyland update 8.07.09

Hey everyone!  I hope this letter finds you well and counting your blessings.  Not a ton of stuff has happened since the last installment of Jellyland update.  But I had a nagging need to update so here goes:


10.  I love fishing.  We took the youth group fishing last Wednesday and had a blast.  It is always better when you go fishing and actually catch some fish!  I caught a couple nice bass and a few other fish.  It is fun until you get them up on shore and have to take them off.  I hate getting stuck by those spiky fins.  But then again, if someone had a piece of metal in my lip, I probably wouldn't go quietly either.

9.  Our softball season ended last Saturday in grand fashion.  We were down by 3 heading into the last inning where we scored 2 runs, got two outs then had a man on second when one of our guys hit a two run home run!  We led by 1 heading into the bottom of the inning.  We quickly got two outs, they got a runner on and we got two strikes on the next guy.   Now if you hit a two strike pitch foul in our league you are out, the guy hits it down the line and it HITS THE LINE!  They score two runs and win the game.  Wow...it is no fun to lose but I would rather have lost that way than most other ways.  It was a fun season.

8.  We go for our baby "birthing" class tomorrow.  I will probably have a few new life experiences to share with you!  :)

7.  Due to some oddities in the schedule, I have been able to preach a lot more on Sunday mornings lately and I am loving it!  There is just something about being able to speak into peoples lives and have God speak through me that revs my engine!  Is it weird that I almost find the giving of a sermon fun?  If so, I am weird! 

6.  I am ready for some fantasy football!  It is my second favorite fantasy sport to play (I only have two of them so...).  If you want to join in on the action, there are a couple of leagues to join.  One, the Monsters of the Ministry league on Facebook.  The second is the Indiana North Youth Leaders league on Yahoo.  Or the third league is for all my old friends who used to play in the Cabbage Bowl on New Years Day forever ago, it is on Yahoo as well.  Let me know soon if you are interested.  Spots are filling up fast.

5.  I think my favorite TV show is Big Brother.  I love the dynamics of the game and watching the different people interact is incredible.  It makes me wonder a lot about how we take things and actions by others in real life.  To constantly know that you are being watched changes people in the house and they can't be who they are in real life.  Plus, I like to root for anything...I am just that competitive.  Any other Big Brother fans out there?

4.  I am curious today.  Who reads my updates?  However, I don't know who they are.  Would you do me a favor and comment me if you read this...just this one time...I am just curious who is reading my ramblings.  Thanks.

3.  Do you go through musical stages?  I find that throughout the years, my taste for types of music has changed.  Growing up, it was strictly Southern Gospel with a slim dose of country (thats why I can sing most every Garth Brooks song).  The first non country song I can remember liking was Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You" and Bryan Adams (thanks Kerry).  Then the 90's hit...from Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey (before she went all nasty), and others to the explosion of Christian Contempory...DC TALK (SPEDS 4 LIFE), Audio Adreniline and Third Day.  Then came my season of Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong and Josh Groban (thanks IWU and Jones).  Then during college John Mayer hit me hard, I liked a lot more diverse music than before.  Then after college ended and I started playing guitar, I tend to favor music that has a strong guitar influence to it.  NOW, being married to Sarah, and her taking control of the air waves, country music has started to fill my brain cavity.  Not the George Strait/Toby (Goatman) Keith/Kenny Chesney country.  The Sugarland, Taylor Swift and Darius "Hootie" Rucker type country.  The stories are where you are at and if you can get past one of the most annoying instruments in the world (the steel guitar) it is some good stuff.  Anyways, how about you...do you go through stages? Does it change monthly, yearly, seasonally?

2.  We feel very blessed to have so many family and friends support us with the 4 showers that we've had.  We know that you will all continue to pray for us and baby jelly in the coming days and months.  Pray that she says daddy before mommy for me will ya?  Just kidding...pray for health and wisdom...for happiness and safety...for wishes granted and dreams realized.  20 days to go...maybe less because:

1.  Sarah is about to POP!  She had three people tell her yesterday that she doesn't even really know, that she won't make it to the August 27th due date.  She is going to go sooner...she wants it, I want it and the Blueberry Festival Blueberry Donut makers want it!  Thats right, if she comes earlier, we can DEFINITELY make the Blueberry Festival over Labor Day weekend.  If you've never been, you are missing quite possibly Indiana's best fireworks display, wonderful food...crap booths (I mean craft booths) galore...and did I mention Blueberry donuts?!  Anyways, we have everything we need to get started with baby other than a years supply of diapers.  :)  We can't wait! 

6 comments:

Jewel said...

I have a complaint.

Bobby wasn't at Family Camp because of softball?!

Lame.

JellyVision said...

haha...well you'll have to talk to bobby about that. He LOVES softball...so...i don't know what to tell ya!

Anonymous said...

I read your ramblings! - Sarah Bear

The Hollands said...

I, too, read your ramblings and quite enjoy them...and know someday soon there will be baby jelly pictures on here! Tell me more about this blueberry festival...where??? ~Jaye

JellyVision said...

The blueberry festival is actually here in plymouth. it is over labor day weekend...friday-monday...fireworks on sunday night with a hot air balloon light show that precedes the firework show. It is free to get in and is THE BEST festival I have been to of its kind.

Anonymous said...

I read, I read!!
(and enjoy keeping up with you/through you)
music? I'm all over the charts - favorites lean toward
jazzy-crooner-types (Nat, Frank, Michael B, Perry) though I jump about with old rock 'n roll, folksy-stuff, some country, some classical, some lite rock, and the oldies.
bluberry donughts... I can see my plan to get you hooked worked!
Love ~
Peggiford