Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol recap 2.17

Hey...

I was talking to my mom about Idol and told her to talk about the singers and I would tell her what I thought too...so here goes:

This is what she said and my comments are in bold:

WEEK ONE FEB. 17, 2009 AMERICAN IDOL
Contestant comments 1st 12
1. Jackie Tohn had a different type of voice.....not bad.......ok (I really like her energy and she is different...I don't think she'll get through)
2. Ricky Braddy very, very good.....really liked him maybe yes (He was a great singer but he didn't have that "star" quality to him...like the judges said, he needs confidence)
3. Alexis Grace she was pretty good sang really good maybe yes (Sarah and I both thought she was ok...nothing blew us away but the judges loved her...didn't get it)
4. Brent Keith good country voice ( one word: NO! He was not that good...and if someone likens you to Bucky Covington...that is NOT good!)
5. Stevie Wright not very good....didn't care much for her NO (Out of her element...nothing really bad or good)
6. Anoop Desai he is good....nothing fantastic though (He is just another so so singer that is different looking so they put him through)
7. Casey Carlson not impressed with her NO (I don't even remember her singing...that says it all)
8. Michael Sarver he is one of my favorites..wasn't crazy about song Hopefully yes (To me it seems he tried too hard. He is a good guy...but didn't stand out vocally...people just like him because of his story)
9. Ann Marie Boskovich One of the better girls so far maybe yes (She was good in the auditions but she picked a really bad song and sounded like Celine Dion...which in my book is not a compliment)
10. Steven Fowler he is ok...didn't like the song ( ummm....no)
11. Tatiana Del Toro did ok on the song....don't like the girl (she was really wierd last night...she had some moments that really surprised me...but she is a bi-polar type personality)
12. Danny Gokey one of the best tonight YES (I love his story...I love his voice...I love his attitude...I love that he works in a church as music director...He is my favorite so far.)
My favorite of the night was Danny Gokey!!

My guess on who will make the Top 3:
1. Danny Gokey
2. Rickey Braddy
3. Jackie Tohn/Alexis Grace/Ann Marie Boskovich could all make it...but I'll pick Alexis Grace

there you have it...what do you think?

No comments: