Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update from Jellyland

Hey all...

What a busy, busy, busy time of the year. Here we are in the last week of February already! Yikes! I just wanted to update a few things for you, just in case you are wondering:


1. We started nTune, shiloh's new contemporary service last sunday night. It went well... and I know that God is going to move and use this service.

2. We are preparing for Easter which seems really early this year. Is Christmas in November too?!

3. I have continued to practice and play my guitar for worship. I don't know what the youth group and nTune would look like if God hadn't motivated me. He works in crazy ways I guess.

4. Ben and Amanda Capshaw are expecting a baby any time now. I am really excited for them. (This will be the only mention of babies in this post)

5. Somehow, the all-nighter spirits got together to play a nasty trick on me. Last Friday, a sponsor and myself took 13 teens to play lazer tag in Ft. Wayne. It was fun, but it started at 12:30am and got over around 3:30! This week is the disrict all-nighter and it goes from 7p-7a...so essentially from 5p-9a...I'm working 5 to 9 and what a way to do it!

6. I have been growing a beard in support of national beard growing month. I am ready to shave it, even though there isn't much there...sniff...sniff.

7. Indiana Basketball has been a mess lately. I am glad that there was some resolution...now we wait and see if it was enough. Go Hoosiers!

8. I am looking forward to the Big Ten Tournament (3/14) because I get to see my brother Kerry and go watch IU! I need a little break and I think that this will do until...

9. Myrtle Beach baby! I am looking with longing eyes at June 7-14th! I cannot wait to go to the beach!

10. I am ready for spring. I love winter and the cold but this is just overboard!

Hope this finds you well. Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swinl -

praying your sunday night venture goes well.

Barry