Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Last week...

Last week was a rough week for me. I always get stressed out before overnighters wondering who will show up and if we will have enough of everything etc. This overnighter was on a different scale though. We invited Bryant Wesleyan and Lone Oak Wesleyan Churches to the event. We had a total of around 55 students and around 70 total with sponsors and the band. It was an amazing time of fellowship and worship. God showed up and really met with us that night! It was needed. Because…

Earlier in the week, we lost our van director. Now to put this into perspective for you, we average around 25 kids…around 10-15 come in on the vans. About 50% of our youth group comes on the vans. That was a serious burden because we still don’t know what is going to happen or who is going to be driving from week to week. I feel like that old song, under P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E…

Then at a meeting, out of the blue there were some things that were brought up about the youth group. I won’t go into detail but just enough to let you know that it really caught me off guard. Why you ask? 1. Because our board never says ANYTHING! Yet this night there were several comments made directed at me and different portions of the YG. 2. The way most of them were done. The tone that they were spoken in was cynical at best. 3. All that on top of the van issue, which in reality, puts more stress on myself right now than anyone else was just too much for one day.

Last October was when someone in the church complained to Pastor John about the music that I was leading…so I will be prepared next October for this sort of thing.

So to say the least, last week was a rough one for me. I am ready for God to lead me beside the still waters…I am just not sure when that will happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Swinl,

Just remember one of my favorite passages:

and it came to pass...

whatever you have going on, good or bad or in between, it will eventually pass.

Not exactly words of great wisdom, but true. Sorry things are rough right now.

Love,

Peggiford