Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Marriage life...

I love being married. There is just something about knowing you are going to have someone backing you up and someone to tell you they love you everyday that is such a God thing. Sarah and I have increasingly become aware of the fact that we are a lot alike. We are both stubborn. Most young couples have fights and I have heard that the first year is the hardest yada yada yada...I have been pleasantly surprised at just how little we really have "actual" fights. The number one thing we argue over? It is what we are going to have for dinner. Food. At least it isn't over something petty! :)

Still, there are some things that still bug me. So I am going to list them here:

1. I get that "you did it again" look every time I see Sarah after we have woke up because I unswervingly will steal the covers...no matter what! I don't do this maliciously. I am just a wild sleeper.

2. I HATE Lifetime/Hallmark/ Oxygen / any other stupid after school special movie that Sarah is so drawn to every flippin' time she has the remote! I am not kidding. I go to get a drink of water...bam...she is watching a movie about some woman who is in some plight that is just emotional enough to hook my wife in. Annoying to say the least.

3. I have yet to realize that whenever I say something to my wife, I always have a tone. Now, if I have a good tone or semi-good tone I am good. But, if she asks me something and I have the wrong tone for a second...we are going to be talking about whatever it was she asked me for the next 10 minutes. Somebody should have mentioned this one to me.

4. Finally, my competitive nature. I hate to lose. Simply, losing is not an option. This is something that I have been aware for some time now. I try to win at everything. BUT, if there were a time when I would say, lose something on purpose and she found out that I let her win? Watch out!

Now that I've said all of that let me say this:

1. I don't like making my wife cold. It does me no good, because what does she do to warm up? Yep, put her now freezing toes on my warm leg.

2. I bet she hate sports just as equally as I hate those awful movies.

3. Every word we say has some tone to it. So I guess I am learning that words just are not words, it is how you say them.

4. I don't like making my wife lose. So this one is still up in the air. I hate losing, I don't want her to lose...dilemma of dilemmas.

SMYG.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee, haw haw.
Isn;'t it fun to learn all those ins and outs and details about each other and relationships?

Peggiford

Anonymous said...

Hey,

After 31 years, the learning, compromising, etc. still goes on......it's a lifetime thing.

I have learned to like NASCAR races!!! Terry has learned to like (won't say love) Law and Order.

It is a good feeling to know someone is there for you, no matter how bad you mess up or how good you are.

You and Sarah are right on track.

Hope you have a good weekend with your mom. I know she is looking forward to being able to spend some time with you and Sarah. She needs to have some fun!! Take good care of her.

Talk to you later. Will try to see you all soon.

Love, Aunt Lana

Anonymous said...

SHMILY! I like this one, it is definitely us!