Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cliques

I know that some people might read this blog that are part of who I am talking about but oh well...it needs to be out of my heart and head...

I love the Indiana North District...I love my church...but there is this one huge pimple that keep coming to a head in my mind and heart when the youth pastors of the district get together. There is definitely some things that are rough in our IND youth leaders. There are a group of youth pastors that have formed a clique. They know who they are. I know who they are. Any one who spends one day in the group at an event knows who they are. The group sometimes feels like an alliance from a reality show that you know they are working together and they know it too but there is nothing you can do about it. I could care less about being in a position of leadership in the district...that is not my heart. My biggest issue with this whole thing is this: how can I preach and talk to my youth group and tell them not to be in cliques and include everyone if the Youth Pastors of our district are doing that very thing? It is incredible. They only want their group working together and thats the way it is. Why did I write this? Because my best pastor friend has a hint of apathy in his voice when we talk about the district...and I guess I do to. It is tough to sit around and watch that and try to fit in...my first year, I wanted people to like me and think I was a good pastor. I wanted that. Now, God has shifted my vision to only worrying about making a difference in the lives of the teens that he has entrusted to me. I can't help with, fix or change things that I am not privileged to. So why bellyache about them? So all that to say, well, just that...we have a clique of youth pastors in our district and I think that it is not right and dare I say sinful. Again, just for clarification, I did not write this because I want to be in leadership...I wrote it because I see it. No hidden agenda. If you don't like it, stop reading...

The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
thanks for sharing your heart. I think it comes from a place that wants to see good and better things on the district level.
I would just like to invite you for a cup of coffee or whatever you drink. Give me a call soon. Don't give up on the district too soon. There is still a lot of work to be done but we need people who care.
thanks-
Brendon
260-424-7887

JellyVision said...

I don't plan on ever giving up on the district...I do love it. I will have to take you up on that...