Monday, February 22, 2010

March Newsletter article

Paths


 

 

Here in Northern Indiana we get a lot of snow.  We get system snow and we also get some lake effect!  Snow doesn't bother me.  I actually like it.  It is amazing to see all the tracks in the snow.  We would have never known that those animals or people would have been there unless we were some world class animal tracker!  I have to walk through the snow to get to my car so I have a path from the deck to the garage and to the Oasis that I have used many times.  The other day it got super cold and the snow quickly turned into ice and it was very slippery in the pathway that I had created.  It was ironic that it had become safer outside of the path that I had normally went down due to the ice.  If I would have insisted on walking in the icy footprints I would have likely taken a fall. 



How many times do we walk down the same paths even when we know that it isn't the best thing to do?  It might not be bad or sinful, but we know deep down that there is a "better" path that we could be on?  We still make those choices that insist on us staying in this path or that path because that is "our" path.  It is silly when we look back and get some perspective on whatever situation that we went through.  Sometimes in life it is easier to go down the same path that we've always gone down.  But we aren't supposed to survive life, we are expected to live it! 


So the next time that you have the chance to take a new path down an unexpected event in your life or to give something new a chance, try it out because sometimes it is easier to make new tracks than to try and not slip on the icy path you are used to going down.  



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight!"                   -Proverbs 3:5-6

 

With a heart full of love,

 

Pastor Andy

No comments: