Monday, October 12, 2009

Jellyland Update October

There have been a lot of things going on lately.  Too many if you ask me.  Things are swirling around with new life and all that entails.  Things are swirling around with the ending of life and all the emotions that comes with that.  Here is an update of life as I know it:


10.  I recently joined a Madden league here in town.  I love being able to get out and do something that is with people that are not attending Shiloh.  Sometimes as ministers, we get caught living in circles that only include the people that go to the church we are at.  This league is a great "out" for me.  Plus, I love playing Madden and putting a whoopin' on some foo's...I won my last game 42-6. 


9.  Basketball started last Tuesday night!  I hate running but I will run if it is playing basketball.  I tend to get more active in the winter months because of Tuesday nights alone...

8.  Kate is doing really good.  She is changing so fast.  The level of attention has changed in a matter of days.  She just will sit there and watch you...there are no words to express the emotions that you feel when you are holding your kid and you look down and they are looking straight into your eyes.  I love being a Dad.

7.  We laid my Grandpa Christian to rest two weeks ago today.  It feels like forever ago.  It doesn't seem real either.  Being around family and saying our goodbyes to Grandpa really made me think about where I was in life and if what I held dear and important were as dear and important as I thought they were.  It made me miss being around family and people you knew had your back. 

6.  This past weekend, the girls and I took a quick trip to Nashville to see the cousins from South Carolina that we go vacationing with each June and Sarah's Mom.  It was a great time.  Too quick.  We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory...I was one happy man! 

5.  Our fall Kick-Off went well.  We had some gross times with happy shakes, steal the bacon in what turned out to be essentially puke, some great worship with Terry and Trevor and a lot of the students responding to the message. 

4.  I love this weather!  I just love being able to throw on a hoodie and flip flops.  My favorite time of year is when it is cold.  Sorry for all of you who hate the cold.  I think if I lived in Florida I would come to Indiana for the Winter!  haha

3.  IU basketball is getting ready to start and I can't wait.  The Yankees are in the ALCS in baseball and I am hoping that they win a World Series for the first time since 2000.  The Colts have won 13 regular season games in a row, that is 3 months and a week of football and are looking amazing.  My sports world is in a good spot right now.  :)

2.  The youth group had a company design cards for us that were discount cards back in April.  We started selling them in May and the kids weren't selling them.  We had a ton of cards left so we had to do a contest for an iPod touch and that picked up the selling a little bit.  What is it with fundraisers that make me want to puke?!  Or is it that kids today don't want to work for what they get, generally speaking?  I don't know but I don't have an long term plans for fund raising after this!

1.  Did I mention that I love being a Dad?  Kate is such a blessing and I am so proud and amazed at her mother.  Sarah has dealt with all of this really well considering it is her first time.  She hasn't put Kate in bubble wrap yet or a giant bubble so that is a win.  Kate is learning slowly to sleep throughout the Colts games so that when IU season rolls around all the yelling should be soothing to her ears!  I watched the Colts game last night with her on my chest/lap and Sarah snoozing in the lounge chair.  Not too much to yell at last night but she did get startled a few times.  I have to thank God for blessing me with a wife of infinite worth and a beautiful child that is loved so much by her dad and mom that it is disgusting!


Have a great day...

No comments: