Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Update from Jellyland July edition

Hey all...life is/was/and will be crazy for a while. Things are going...that is about the extent of my describing where we are right now. Staying afloat and taking it one minute at a time. Here is what's being going on lately:


10. Softball season is about half over. It has been a good year. the extra baby weight has been felt and dually noted. I love softball...

9. Watching the Lakers win a championship was a much needed break from my sports year. After clawing through a 6-25 season by my IU Hoosiers, I needed something really good in the world of sports to happen. It was good seeing Kobe change from being a diva to being a great leader and teammate.

8. I have been listening to a lot more country music lately than I'd like to admit. I don't know what it is...if I am getting older and the songs resonate with me more...or that Sarah turns to the stations that play country music every time we get in the car...or what...anyways...whatever it is...

7. Vacation was good...it took me a while to thaw out...but it happened for a while. I love being with our Carolina family and being able to spend time with my momma was an added bonus. Seeing a 4 foot shark eat a fish 20 feet away from me only served to validate my fear of sharks...i don't care who makes jokes about it...sharks ARE SCARY!!!

6. Sarah is doing so well. There haven't been big issues and she hasn't been sick. God has blessed us with that. We had her families baby shower in May and the district youth pastors wives had one during camp. We have one this saturday with my mom and my family. Then in august the church is throwing one for Sarah. Continue to pray for health and saftey for sarah and baby jelly.

5. I backed into a light pole with my car right before vacation. It cost us our deductible but the repairs cost over $4000! I was kicking myself for a good long while. Accendidents do happen. Just not to me! :)

4. The baby's room is finally done being painted. We just have to organize and get everything set up. Sarah is 32 weeks this Friday! It is crazy to think that NEXT month I will be a Dad to a baby girl! Wow...

3. Sr. High Camp ended last Friday night. It was a good week. A lot of good things happened in the lives of the students of this district. God has blessed this district with a great bunch of Men and Women of high character and talent. It is great to be a part of that.

2. Missions Week starts this Sunday night. We will be having a church work day, doing a free car wash while giving out free wiper fluid and free ice pops...going to the eye glass factory in upland, going door to door collecting food for the Bread of Life food pantry and going to a local nursing home one morning to play games with the residence. then at night we'll have a "rally" where we'll worship and have a devo and then we all stay at the church! Fun week.

1. We are busy. We have a shower this weekend. Missions week next week...a wedding next saturday...my annual district conference the following saturday...then a guys night out for our church to a SilverHawks game the following monday and then taking the youth group to the Indiana Dunes that Tuesday! Before you know it, I'll be posting pics of Baby Jelly!


I hope this finds you doing well. That you are trusting God for everything He is and that you are not! That you know that you are loved....deeply and unconditionally. That God is in control. May God make your cup run over!

No comments: